Oxford Court
 
Login | Register
 
Welcome
Home
About Us
Contact Us
Management Company
 
Residents
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
Financial Information
Community Documents
E-Forms
Directory
Photos
Facilities
Maintenance Request
Classifieds
 

 

Oxford Court
Home
 
 
 
Neighborhood News
[IMPORTANT] Utility Line Responsibility
Posted on Mar 27th, 2020
Please be aware that the Condo Association is not responsible to maintain, repair, or replace any utility lines which serve your Unit, nor are most defects/issues covered by the Association's insurance. Each Owner is responsible from the point at which their personal utility line branches off of the main line (this point is sometimes called the "curb box" to the point at which it exits in their home (a sink spigot, gas appliance, outlet, etc.). The utility provider is responsible for the main line (shared) and each Owner is responsible for the line from where it breaks off of the main to the point of use within their home. This means, that personal lines for which Owners are responsible for are not completely within the Unit alls, but also run outside - under ground and under asphalt, sidewalks, plantings, etc. 
 
Since each Owner is responsible for his or her utility lines, it is recommended that Owners be insured (most commonly sold by the utility company) for things that can go wrong with the utility lines that they own. For example, a utility company could inspect the lines and detect  a leak that needs repaired or simply state that the old installation method is now out of code and the Owner needs to pay to make changes and bring their lines up to current code. Recently, Peoples Gas found some issues in a homeowner's personal part of the line that needed to be repaired, and the Owner was responsible for the expense. Please note that if the line is under lawn space, asphalt, or a concrete sidewalk, this will increase the out-of-pocket expense for an Owner. The best way to hopefully defray the cost of an unexpected repair is to be insured. We have been told insurance takes 30 days to go into effect. 
Operation of Business - COVID-19 Restrictions
Posted on Mar 24th, 2020
Please be advised that homeowners and condo associations are considered essential "businesses" and continuing their full operation including resident services and dues collection (if you have any issues with being able to pay dues on the normal schedule, please contact Rj Community Management). Rj Community Management is required to cease onsite business operations, so all staff are working full time from home and accessible during normal business hours. Please contact Rj Community Management by emailing Kelly@rjcmgt.com or calling the office at 412-527-8557. An answering service (live person) will take your message and pass it to the Community Manager or Financial Manager depending on the nature of your inquiry. All maintenance requests should be submitted through www.rjcmgt.com/maintenance. Urgent/emergency maintenance requests should be called in to the office. The answering service is able to handle emergencies by calling Rj Community Management employees until someone is connected with you and promptly handling your emergency maintenance needs (active roof leaks, fallen trees on properties, etc.)
 
 Any changes to any Association contractor's ability to provide services will be posted here and emailed to all members.
Dryer Vent Safety
Posted on Jan 17th, 2020
Dryer lint screens only catch roughly 25% of the lint. The remaining 75% goes into the dryer vent and sticks to the walls. The U.S. Fire Administration (part of FEMA) cites that there are 2900 home clothes dryer fires every year resulting in an estimated $35 million in property loss. And the leading cause? Failure to clean them.
 
Need help cleaning entire length of the dryer vent, start to finish?
For thorough work and a great price, call Kleen-Aire Duct Cleaners at 724-353-2282 or Dryer Vent Wizard of Greater Pittsburgh at (724) 520-8117. 
 
Annual Meeting Monday, November 18, 2019
Posted on Oct 28th, 2019
Please be advised that the 2019 Annual Meeting of Owners is scheduled for November 18, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at the Northland Public Library. Please note that this is a couple weeks later in the month than it has been previously held. Please direct all questions regarding the Annual Meeting to Rj Community Management by calling 412-527-8557 or starting a new email to Kelly@rjcmgt.com . You will receive the notification package, including the 2018 Meeting Minutes and 2020 Proposed Budget, via mail. Some of the items of the mailing are available at the below links. Thank you!
 

 
Active Survey
Please login to view this area.

Past Survey Results
Click here to see the results of the pool rule revision survey, conducted July 2019.
 
Click here to see the results of the pet rule revision survey, conducted June 2019.